Tuesday, February 22, 2005

A Moment of Panic

Finally got back to these socks , which are now finished. Even though they're not done right, they're done. (They are knit with Cascade 220, and the little bit of leftovers is on my leg.) Ripped out the first one to the heel, knit a couple of more rows, ribbing, and smaller top ribbing. Much better. The second one went well until I hit the heel, and again I got stuck. Ripped it out several times, but found I was just making the same mistakes over and over and over and over. Finally gave up and moved on. Who's going to look at my heels, anyway?



When I finished my socks, I had a moment of panic--oh no, do I have anything to do next? Ah, yes, the CIC caregiver shawl. It also has been neglected lately, so appreciated coming out of the bag. Being knit from the top down, I can measure the finished bottom edge to see how wide it is. So far it's about 40 inches and since I'm aiming for my "wingspan" (fingertip to fingertip), I have about30 inches to go. That's a lot! Hmmm, maybe I'll just go until the yarn runs out, which I'm sure will be first.


Just for grins: This is DD#2's new knitting spool (with a penguin looking on.) The variegated yarn makes a cool striping effect!

No comments: