Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Happy Birthday misjan!!!

Happy **th Birthday misjan!!! I won't mention your age here, but you know how old you are!

Misjan was a dear neighbor who had the nerve to move out of state--just before I really got back into knitting and discovered what a kindred spirit she was. She even knew what wool soakers were, and had made them for her four boys, in varying patterns and designs. (Alas, no leftover patterns, though--and believe me, I asked!) She's been keeping up with my knitting progress and always has kind words to say. Thanks, misjan, for being a long-distance knitting buddy!

In other news, here's a picture of my drop spindle, with my first attempt at spinning. I used a dark brown Border Leicester/Merino Pin drafted roving. It obviously is not good, but it still brings a smile to my face. I'm spinning! Not good, but I'm spinning!


I made the drop spindle using Knitty Gritty's directions:
a dowel rod
2 old CD's
a rubber gromet
and a cup hook
all for under $3.00. The scareist part was finding the rubber gromet. I took DD#1 to Lowe's with me (believe me, if I was getting lost, I was going to have company!) DH gave me a good clue--check electrical. The first isle, the first place I looked, there it was! Unbelievable! I usually wander aimlessly thru the store, up and down the aisles until I give up and make DH get the item for me. I don't know how well it works since I have nothing to compare it to, but it works good enough for me!

No comments: