Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Caterpillar Knitting

I've been doing several knitting things since I last posted. DS likes the black/grey hat (although, wouldn't you know it, it's been warm weather since.) Working on a new seamless soaker pattern. The first draft is done, and now on to the testing phase. It's tough to write something coherent. Most of the time I have scribbled notes on the back of a notepad. (We won't talk about a certain gauging swatch that I carefully did, and washed, and measured, only to throw away the measurements before using it.)

CIC scarf is fun for relaxing time. Still worried about running out of yarn, but am waiting to reach that point before dyeing more. Firemen's sock was so mad at me when I put it in timeout that it went into hiding, and took my 10.5 dowel rod dpns with it. (No, not for the same project, the sock just had some extra hatred built up.) Finally found the sock while looking for the dpns, but now it's going to have to wait.

Bought 2 skeins of yarn in 2 days! Found Lion Brand Magic Stripes in our AC Moore store with 330 yards, so only need one skein for my size 10 feet. The second skein was bought for a chemo cap. Was looking for something soft and easy to care for, and found Paton's Bohemian in a color called "Indigo Indulgence". It's super bulky, and not what I normally knit with, but worked up really nice. However, I couldn't get out of my mind that I was knitting with a caterpillar!

I just did a basic hat pattern by casting on 50 sts on size 10.5 dpns (after I gave a stern talking to them about running off with the renegade sock.) Did 4-5 rows of K1 P1 ribbing, stockinette st for 6", then several rows of decreasing. My 9 yo DD is modelling it. It measures about 22" in circumference which might be a bit large. Sent it off with DH today to the recipient, so maybe I'll get feedback on how it fits. Only took one skein, with a few yards left over. (Skein is 68 yards, 80 g).

No comments: