Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Knitterly Gifts

Continuously playing catch-up, that's me.  Here are two birthday gifts and one Christmas gift that I have yet to show you (and you DO want to see since they're all knitting related...)

First, my great friend and neighbor got me the 2012 Knitting Calendar.  She's been doing this for several years now.  Like always, I don't open it until January 1, and then I don't peak ahead.  (Well, almost always...)



My husband, who knows me so well, and has noticed that I almost always have a pair of socks on the needles, got me this great Book of Socks.  The patterns seem just my type when I need something besides plain vanilla.  Not too fancy but with some interesting texture.  I hope to cast on for a pair in the very near future.



Then for Christmas, DH got me a pair of Ashford wool carders.  (This time he had help....meaning that I picked them out.  He's good at picking out books, and maybe yarn, but carders would be beyond him.  Hey!  They were almost beyond me...)


All-in-all, it was a great haul with the promise of great things to come!

No comments: