Monday, December 12, 2005

Birthday Presents

(It's been a busy/exhausting week with no blogging. I'm changing the date to pretend I'm blogging on the 12th--but if you're a regular reader, you'll know the difference....)

I had a nice birthday this year. Work went well, and DD#1 stopped by to bring me my favorite holiday drink--a Starbucks peppermint mocha. (We won't mention that I had to keep sneaking a sip since I'm not supposed to have any food items with me while I'm working. Hey, it was my birthday, and it's not as though I bought it. Then I came home and had a nice family celebration. My daughter made me a cheesecake (alas, no picture, but boy was it good!)

I got this knitting book from my family:

How exciting--I can't wait to try a pattern.

And from a good friend I got:

That's right--chocolate! (The fact that there's any left just goes to show just how exhausting this week was!)

No comments: