Tuesday, August 31, 2010

What I did on my summer vacation, part 2

(This post was supposed to follow the last by just one day, but.... fill in the blank of things that got in the way....)

The kids have been back at school for a week already, and it's the time of year to write the dreaded "what I did on my summer vacation" essay.

On our trip to PA, we not only visited my college, but we took a side trip to Cedar Point Amusement Park in Ohio. DH, DS#1, and DD#1 joined us for this part of the trip. I learned my lesson the last time (that I'm way too old for roller coasters), and only rode 2 calm rides, but the kids all enjoyed the coasters, even waiting in line for 1.5 hours for the Dragster.



Other than that adventure, we mostly stayed home.

The younger 2 kids are deep into sports again. Both had some workouts over the summer, so it seemed like they never ended.

DS#2 made a select soccer team. His first tournament was this weekend. Can we say HOT?!? So hot, that I gave up even taking my knitting to the games.

DD#2 made the varsity field hockey team and has had two scrimmages. Yesterday's scrimmage was so hot that I was pouring sweat even though I was sitting in the shade.

(That's right, all these events taking place and not a picture to be had. Don't get me wrong...I took my camera. I just didn't take any pictures.)

Went to the dentist, ordered yarn (yes, the good did follow the bad), and put my Diana sock pattern on Ravelry. The computer got fried with all the times we lost power this summer. We switched around pieces and it got up and running with little effort. (On my part, at least. DH had a bit more to do. :)

Got a new tablecloth that goes well with my peach pie candle. (why I have a pic of this not any of the above, I don't even know...)



Oh, and I've been knitting.

But you know about that.

No comments: