Friday, July 24, 2009

Friday this and that

Here's a better picture of the last hat and mitten set, complete with a pompom.



Here's my next set of hat and mittens. This is made with White Buffalo unspun 3-ply. I had already made the hat so I just made the matching mitts.



And hated every stitch. I'm much too hard on the yarn and broke it several times on each mitt. DD says they're fine, but I'm still debating.

At church this week, a friend gave me a bag of knitting stuff. (I remember her when she was a wee one, and now she has a wee one of her own!) Anyway, the bag had belonged to her grandmother who had passed away, and when they were cleaning out some things she found this and thought of me.




Inside, along with some needles and yarn, was an almost completed sweater! I'd say it was around a kid's size 8-10 and all that's left to do is the neckband and the side seaming.



I'm pretty sure there's matching yarn, so...I think I'm going to finish it.

Lucy says, "I've got my eye on you!"

No comments: