Sunday, June 07, 2009

While felting a rug

I'm blogging right now while waiting for a rug to felt. It wasn't knitted by me, but since a friend has a front loader she asked me to do the felting.

Let me tell you, I'm a little bit nervous.

It's a double stranded tube that will be cut apart to make a flat rug, but is now just a tube. It's a lot of knitting and I'm afraid it won't turn out.

All the added pressure of it being someone else's work..... Plus, felting is a bit scary at the best of times. If it turns out wrong, there is no fixing of it.

Time to check.... Not done yet...

On to the weather report. I'm happy to report that we had no rain today. And no ball game. And, so far, no knitting. However, I did have a short nap (which always makes me happy).

Checking again.... Almost there...

This is the biggest felted project that I've ever done. When I pull it out of the water it's surprisingly heavy with all the wool and the water. Why it's surprising, I don't know. If it's the biggest project that I've done, all soaked with water, it makes sense that it's heavy. Sigh. Sometimes my brain doesn't think very far ahead.

Time to check...

Done! Now, I'm spinning it dry.

I'll post a photo when it's drying, but for now I have to lay it out. And cook supper. :)

--------------
Here's the rug. Isn't it pretty? It's in a tube that my friend will then cut apart and finish the edges.



The ends seemed a bit ruffled, but she seemed good with it.

Hmmm..... I wonder if I should make one?

No comments: