Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Hot off the needles

Since blogging last night, I have managed to finish the Maui pink socks.



And wash them. And dry them.



Yarn: Marathon Maui sock yarn in pink
Pattern: plain vanilla, 64 sts on sz 1 dpns
They're 9" long and will be going to Akkol, Kazakhstan. The yahoo group Mittens_for_Akkol knits a complete set (sweater, hat, mittens, scarf, and 2 pairs of socks) for each graduate and these will be going to Aigula. I just signed up for the socks as to not over-commit myself.

The blue ones were done, but they've now had a bath, also.



Yarn: Marathon Maui socks yarn in blue
Pattern: plain vanilla, 64 sts on sz 1 dpns
They're 9.5" long and will be going to Maxim D. in Akkol.

The mailing date will be sometime in July--look how early I am with these! (Early for me, anyway. Most of the group is done with their items.)

Also, the Everlasting Bagstopper bag was finished this morning.

No, dont' show my face!

Alright, I won't.



It's supposed to stretch out a lot as things are put in. Time will tell.



Pattern: Everlasting Bagstopper
Yarn: Sugar'n Cream Summer Prints, 2.5 skeins.
Needles: size 5 for garter st and size 10.5 for mesh.



Not only did I finish two of my goals for the week, but I managed to do a load of laundry!

4 comments:

Denise said...

very nice! the kids will really like them.

Lynn said...

Great socks!!! I love the pattern they ended up as.

valéria said...

Just a big WOW that you've been at it so much and doing so much and it looks amazing. Like the bag and the socks a lot. Well done!!!

take care :o)
Valeria.podial

valéria said...

that podial was a typo....the pass word verification that went into the comment instead off where it should...sorry...