Saturday, May 30, 2009

Green and blue

Why green shoes?





Because they went with the green necklace:





That completed the outfit that DD#2 wore to her 8th grade dance last night.



She's in the midst of winding up 8th grade activities. High school is looming around the corner!

---------------

While I planned to knit on these socks during Thursday night's baseball game, a rainstorm came down and once the rivers of water (aka puddles) had reached flood levels, the game was canceled.



So, it turned into knitting time at home, and I still got a lot done between that and a trip to the mall yesterday (no, I wasn't driving.)

Pattern: Basic vanilla, 64 sts on sz 1 dpns
Yarn: Wisedom Yarns Marathon Socks Maui Color 266.

The heel has been turned and the gusset was finished. Now, onto the foot!

2 comments:

Denise said...

she is beautiful. bet she was the best looking one there in her outfit. love the socks too!

Tina - omme i London said...

I hate to mention your beautiful daughter and her green accessories in the same sentence as my admiration for your sockery, but hey - they're both gorgeous, in their own way. If I had to chose I'd go for the young beau though. :)