Sunday, May 07, 2006

CIC progress

Making progress on the CIC goals for the month.

Here's the finished 6th Sense socks, using non-matching brown yarn to finish the toes.

I'm not happy with the mix (although it looks a bit better in person). This was actually the closest I could come, though.

And here is the finished sweater.

I ran out of yarn TWICE with this one. The first time I realized in advance so I added the red in a nice pattern (mosaic from Barbara Walker's newest book). Then, I ran out of yellow and red, so added the black. By the time I was done, my hands were black. I carefully washed it in cold water with a generous glug of white vinegar. While it now smells strongly of vinegar, no bleeding of dye occurred. I'm hoping that it will air out by the end of May.

1 comment:

Marguerite said...

That sweater looks like it was designed with those colors.

You have an artistic flare for using up yarn colors in attractive combinations. Very nice. Most important, it looks warm, too.