Thursday, October 20, 2005

Ahhh, yarn

First, a bit of whining....

I have a new job at a big box craft store. Next week I get an extra big employee discount, and I've been making a list. The one thing that's missing? Wool yarn.

We don't sell any wool yarn. None. Nada. Whiny whiny whine.

I had high hopes for Lion Wool. Or even Fisherman's. Nope. Nothing but Wool-ease, and while I've used it before and will use it again, it's not what I want.

I want wool yarn, the type you can felt. The type that can breathe. The type that keeps you warm.

Well, we don't have any of that, but we have plenty of the other types--flashy and fun.

To add insult to injury, the other yarn just mocks me. "HA HA you could be at home knitting right now."

"Ooo--look at me! Aren't I pretty? I'm not wool, but I'd make a cute scarf!" (Like I need another one of those!)

Even the Pound 'O Love mocks me "you can make a whole baby blanket out of one skein of me. Don't you wanna?"

Every time I ring up yarn I think, "Ahhh, yarn." And then I want to know what you're making, for who, and on what kind of needles, and, and, and.... But, I don't ask (usually). The customers in line behind might get a bit upset. :)

While at home, I've been working on the CIC heart vest. I have ripped it out and started again on larger needles. It makes the BIGGEST difference to my wrists and it goes much faster.

However, I'm thinking I have a problem. Can you tell?

I forgot the armholes. That's the problem with not figuring out the pattern fully before starting, plus my dislike of reading ahead.

I changed the pattern from flat knitting to knitting in the round. Apparently the pattern has dropped shoulders therefore no decreasing for armholes. I'm almost up to the neck. It's going in timeout while I decide whether to make an extra long sweater, or to go ripping again.

Today I received this package of homespun yarn by Marilyn. All WOOL!

Ahhh, yarn....

No comments: