Monday, October 17, 2005

Abandoned

I've abandoned my idea of finishing things. Nice while it lasted, but too good to be true.

The soaker's not washed, the scarf is not blocked, the sock is still in time-out with no yarn to match.

And I've started new projects.

This may look like I'm just recycling an old picture, but trust me...this is new. I have yarn left from my scarf, so I decided to make a matching hat. This (I hope) will have the braid pattern going around my head with a flat top.

I'm worried that this might be Saxon Braid overkill, but does that stop me? No.

What about the fact that I rarely wear hats due to the hair-squashing factor? Does that stop me? No.

Does the fact that I'm bored with this pattern stop me?
You betcha.

So I cast on again, this time with a CIC vest. I'm using 2 strands of Arucania Nature wool in a dusty rose color. When done, it will have hearts going up the front with a hugs and kisses cables on each side. The pattern is adapted (read: winging it!) from this Arans and Celtics book.

The CIC challenge for Sept./Oct. is for sweaters and vests. I figure I can finish this by then. Abandoning projects doesn't happen as easily when I'm in a time crunch.

1 comment:

Marguerite said...

That CIC sweater is going to be so cute. Pink is the perfect color for that pattern. Looking forward to admiring it when it's a little bigger.