Saturday, May 21, 2011

Blankie

For the past week, I've been obsessed with making Evelyn's no-sew blankie from the summer Knitty. I started it last Friday evening and worked on it at every possible moment.


It's knitted section by section, each one reminding me of a washcloth pattern.

This corner section was fun, it did a 2 stitch decrease in the middle, and joined to the rest at one edge, all at the same time.


The sections are worked around in a rectangle, with the middle to do last. That's the only part that required dpns, the rest worked fine on circs.


The yarn was never cut until the middle was done. I used 5 skeins of Filatura Lanarota Fashion Tweed that I had gotten at Smileys. I used size 9 needles like it called for, which makes a nice, soft blankie.

This picture shows the most accurate color:


It called for a i-cord edge, but since it was a bit small, I decided to make a garter st border, knitting until I used up exactly 1/2 the yarn. Can you tell that I'm planning on making another one?


I finished this on Weds. evening, so that means it took 6 days--not too bad.

There's no plan for this blankie yet, but it's nice to have something in reserve--you never know when a new one will pop up!

No comments: