Saturday, January 22, 2011

Just plain vanilla

I'm not talking about this:




Or this:



(although I might need to make some chocolate sauce to go with this).

Rather, I'm talking about this:



A bunch of plain vanilla socks. That's what I've been working on this week. They are in all stages of completion. As I finish one I start another.

This is an adult pair of socks that are finished:



Yarn: Patons Kroy Socks FX in clover colors, 2 skeins
Size 1 dpns (a bit tight to knit, would be better on 2s. After looking at the ballband, the recommendation is 3s, which might be too loose. Something to keep in mind for the future, though, the whole looking at the ballband thing.)
64 sts, 7" leg, 10.25" foot. Used up all the yarn, plus some black for the toes.


Next up was another adult sized pair using more Patons Kroy. This time I learned my lesson and cast on using 2s. Much better.



Do you see the crochet hook? That dropped stitch is a result of knitting at a basketball game and forgetting to bring my reading glasses. Turns out they're an important item to have even when I'm not really looking at my knitting.


Because there were 3 Bball games this week, I got lots of knitting done. It keeps me busy at home, too, as I try to do the ribbing, heels, and toes at home (and picking up any dropped stitches).

Last night I worked on this sock during the JV game,



and switched over to this one for the Varsity game.



Keeps me from getting bored and keeps me knitting. (and look, no dropped stitches!).

These are pink toddler socks, 48 sts, sz 1 dpns. Great for using up leftovers.

More plain vanillla socks will be worked on this weekend, too, as I see a couple of soccer games in the future.

No comments: