Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The problem with knitting cardigans....

The problem with knitting cardigans is that after every knit row is a PURL row. And not only that, but since I decided to knit the fronts and back together at the same time, then I have a reeeeeeeaaaaaaalllllllly long purl row.

And I don't like purl rows.

I'm on day 4 of my sweater and I'm already telling myself that if I can knit one inch per day, then it will only take 9 days until I can do the pattern stitch.




That's sad. I should still be in the "I'm so excited to be doing this project" phase, not the "I may be able to make it through if I try really hard" phase.

At least the sleeves are done in the round, so if I can just make it that far I should be okay.

Fancy that, me looking forward to sleeves. These are not gargantuan-long sleeves either, these are 3/4 length sleeves that should be a breeze to knit.

That is, unless I run into that ever present danger and start to fear about running out of yarn.

Back to knitting--I have 3/4 inch to go for the day.

No comments: