I've been working on ripping out a sweater. It was given to me by the grandchildren of a lady who had made this a while before she passed away.
I first decided to finish it up, and knit the collar as the first step.
Then, I saw the moth holes that were smack in the middle of the front. Two of them, at least, several rows apart. Not that easy to repair, at least for me. Sigh. A year and a half later and I decided to rip it out and reuse the yarn.
It was quite a project.
At least 2 of my family members asked me, in all seriousness, if I was glueing the chair legs back together (which also needs to be done). Nope, but that'll be a good mult-tasking idea for later--winding yarn and glueing chair legs at the same time.
I made nice little curly skeins, tied together several times each, ready for the washing.
Afterwards, they looked like this:
Not so nice-and-tidy. More like a jumble of knots. (Note to self: work on those skeining skills.)
It took me at least 4 sessions of more than an hour each to ball up the yarn. But finally, it was done.
I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it, but it'll be ready when I need it.