Monday, July 18, 2011

2012 Grad sweater

"Hey, son, what are you doing right now?"

"Oh, no," he says, seeing what's in my hand. "I've fallen and can't get up."

"Ok,", I said, "I'll just take the picture like this."


"Okay, how about a better picture?" I say.

"Do I have to put it on?" he says.


"Yes, it would make a better picture."

Grumble, grumble.


"If it wasn't so itchy, I'd like this myself," he admits.

SCORE!!!

It won't be itchy for a Kaz kid, since he will have something more than a sleeveless shirt on underneath.

So this sweater has been done for awhile. It's been washed, the button has been sewn on, and it's ready for one of next year's grads. I decided to make it over the summer while I had some extra time.

The biggest worry? Where will there be a kid with arms that long? My DS is 14 and is 6' (and 1/2 inch, thankyouverymuch) and his arms swim in it. I suppose the arms could be shortened if necessary, but they might also be just right.

Specifics:
Neck Down Hooded Tunic by Knitting Pure and Simple. Did size small on 10.5 needles with 2 strands held together.
black: 12 skeins (50 gr. ea) Filatura Lanarota Rich Wool.
blue: 9.5 skeins (50 gr ea) Happy Trails by Wooly West dk wt in Big Sky.
knit body for 23.5", then slit and ribbing.
sleeves: dec every 6th rnd. Make super extra long and then quit. Make shorter later if necessary.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

LOL LOVE how the boy collapsed when you approached with a knitted item! It looks fantastic and sleeves can always be rolled or pushed up. Better too long than too short.