Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Gaps

I'm stuck on this Solitaire game called "Gaps". I don't get any better at it, but in hopes that someday I will win (chances are 1-in-20, but I'm not even that good) I keep playing. Now some games have a learning curve, and then you gradually become better. Not this one. It just stays the same.

It's not even like it's a hard game to play. Just moving the cards around according to ascending order and suit (suite? you know--hearts, diamonds, spades, clubs). I even had "HE of the 80 Boggle words" play it. "please play this for awhile and figure out the strategy and tell me" I ask him. Even he says, "there is no strategy".

I am an unbeliever, so I must play it over and over and over again. Nope, not any better this time. Or this time. Or this time....

I play it when I let the dog out. I play it when I let the dog in. I play it when I'm waiting for my super slow modem to send. I play it when I'm waiting for the laundry to finish. I play it when I'm avoiding my housework. I write about it when I'm REALLY avoiding the housework. And that's what I'm doing right now....

Got another birthday party coming up. Tomorrow, in fact. I SHOULD be madly cleaning, (or sleeping-- getting ready to madly clean tomorrow), but I'm just in here playing the never-winning Gaps.

I've racked my brain for a picture, but nothing picture-worthy has happened today. I have a start on a brown handspun soaker which feels wonderful to knit, but not that exciting to look at as of yet.

I have my brand-new soaker pattern that's been selling well. This has just been an exciting adventure for me--creating something new and knitting at the same time.

I'd better calm down by playing some Gaps.

No comments: